Montag, 29. August 2016

Left tower of the Nuremberg town hall


Linker Turm des Nürnberger Rathauses



The Nuremberg Town Hall is located in the historic center of Nuremberg, just east of the choir of St. Sebald church. It is one of the attractions of the city to the Historic Mile Nuremberg. The imposing Renaissance architect Jakob Wolff the Younger (1571-1620) was badly damaged during the Second World War and had to be rebuilt to a large extent in the 1950s. Here, the building on the north side was shortened by two window axes. On the south side a Gothic hall structure in the core is integrated, the Albrecht Dürer crafted. The located in the basement Lochgefaengnisse apply as a tourist attraction, as well as the Beautiful Fountain, located in front of the 1951 by Kurt Schneckendorf designed and built from 1954 to 1956 New Town Hall. This building replaced the destroyed during the war row of houses between the Old Town Hall and the main market.

Das Nürnberger Rathaus liegt in der Altstadt von Nürnberg, gleich östlich des Chores der Sebalduskirche. Es gehört als eine der Sehenswürdigkeiten der Stadt zur Historischen Meile Nürnbergs. Der imposante Renaissancebau des Architekten Jakob Wolff des Jüngeren (1571−1620) wurde während des Zweiten Weltkrieges stark beschädigt und musste zu großen Teilen in den 1950er Jahren wiederaufgebaut werden. Dabei wurde das Bauwerk an der Nordseite um zwei Fensterachsen verkürzt. An der Südseite ist ein im Kern gotischer Saalbau integriert, den Albrecht Dürer gestaltete. Die im Kellergeschoss befindlichen Lochgefängnisse gelten als Touristenattraktion, wie auch der Schöne Brunnen, der sich direkt vor dem 1951 von Kurt Schneckendorf entworfenen und 1954 bis 1956 errichteten Neuen Rathaus befindet. Dieser Bau ersetzte die im Krieg zerstörte Häuserzeile zwischen dem Alten Rathaus und dem Hauptmarkt.(wikipedia)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen